During the Pens/Sens game last night, the HNIC announcers were gently mocking Malkin for going straight to the bench after missing a shot and switching out his stick for a new one ("right, because it was the stick's fault"). And then I thought of this picture of the Pens' skate-sharpening area, and... y'know, we talk a lot about Sid's silly superstitions, but it's pretty clear that Geno's just about as bad.
So now I want a fic where they have mutually exclusive superstitions. Like, say, they're normally monogamous, but Sid always has sex after a loss and Geno never does, so they have to accommodate with a special relationship exception where Sid is allowed to bang somebody else only on nights when they lose. Because they're not going to break up over a superstition, but Geno's just saying, he had sex after he lost one time and then his team lost eight games in a row. That's a lot of games to be a coincidence, okay.
So now I want a fic where they have mutually exclusive superstitions. Like, say, they're normally monogamous, but Sid always has sex after a loss and Geno never does, so they have to accommodate with a special relationship exception where Sid is allowed to bang somebody else only on nights when they lose. Because they're not going to break up over a superstition, but Geno's just saying, he had sex after he lost one time and then his team lost eight games in a row. That's a lot of games to be a coincidence, okay.
no subject
Date: 2013-05-16 02:01 am (UTC)And of course when they explain to whomever Sid is having sex with and it's gonna be someone who is torn between banging his head on the desk at WEIRDOS and being all "I get to have sex with Sid and not have Geno kill me? SCORE!"
no subject
Date: 2013-05-16 03:20 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-05-16 03:28 am (UTC)Guys could whine about "dude, it's your turn" and "I don't wanna! He leaves bruises and I just wanna go home and sleep." And Geno is all sad and "someone has to have sex with Sid or we won't win next game!"
Dan would be all "Can't we just hire a hooker?" And he would also be "Why is this my life? Can I get traded?"
no subject
Date: 2013-05-16 02:24 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-05-16 03:18 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-05-16 04:51 pm (UTC)